“If you do not expect the unexpected you will not find it, for it is not to be reached by search or trail.” Heraclitus
(this is my big outside cat begging me for more food..LOL)
I’ve spend the last couple of days trying to read and catch up on reading and commenting on everyone’s blog. I’m sure I’ve probably missed some, but my time is so limited.
This will be a strange post I imagine because there will just be little tidbits that have just traveled through my head (which is about to split open at the moment) over the last week or two.
1. When I was in school, we learned that ONE is ONE, not FIVE = ONE. I know I’ve been sorta out of the mainstream a lot lately, but I thought we had a “no negotiations” policy …. be you military or just civilian taken for whatever reason. Guess not… I still don’t think FIVE, especially those particular FIVE, was a good exchange for ONE questionable person. (I won’t go into rumors)
2. What’s up with all those children flooding in the the United States without their parents??? I realize that many are there because their parents are trying to keep them away from the cartels, but they obviously don’t know that it’s just as dangerous to send unaccompanied child/children to the United States. I guess they weren’t considering the child molesters, child sex rings, kiddy porn, & on and on… are here. We have gangs here too… not called cartels, but still potentially very dangerous situations to send your child into without supervision… (but that’s just me… and I have a headache so could, not be thinking straight)
3. Elections…. some have gone by, some still coming up…. but in my opinion, the US has been put into a continuous slide downhill by the many “scandals”, “Decisions” made or not made, covered up or just plain lied about…. How much longer must we wait???
4. I have a thought on immigration reform…. Why don’t we just buy a ticket to the country of their choice, and send all these “supposed” Americans to their “Ideal” location. Revoke their citizenship since they don’t like it here and think we’re so mean, or selfish… or that we are too stupid to take care of ourselves so the Govt. has to “raise” everyone… That way we could actually let some of the illegal aliens who DO want to be here to try for the American Dream be able to study and take the Citizenship test and become a citizen. ( But NOT those who expect to move here and have the Govt. take care of them, feed them & give them money not to work. NOT those who just want to come over to kill people because they have a different religion, or believe in different things, & try to force OUR country to become like theirs. If they like theirs so much, stay there…. don’t come over here with the express thought of “changing” us… that’s like marrying someone and then trying to form them into a completely different person from who they really are… suppression either way)
5. As most of you know, (if you’ve actually been following my blog & reading rather than just stopping by to hit the like button… good thing there isn’t a “this is a waste of space” button… LOL) anyway, my mother has had some horrible health issues over the last year and a half, in and out of hospitals, then my stepdad died in August and his sons from his first marriage, illegally stole everything from my mother but ONE PENNY. She had taken care of and loved their dad for the last 32 years. That’s a whole other story…. anyway….. she has had to live in an Assisted Living place.. You know, where they do everything for you because you have health issues and can’t do it for yourself… I go to spend time with her and just visit, or take her out and about just as a break, or help her with her paperwork and now legal issues.. therefore my fatigue and lack of “me” time, but she’s my mom, so I do it out of love.
Yesterday, one of my favorite little ladies at lived in the same facility, fell and died. I don’t know how old she was… but she obviously had Dementia and was often confused. She would tell me “Merry Christmas” a lot, or “Good morning” when it was late afternoon… but most of the people there know me by now since I try to talk to and/or help as many of them as I can while I’m there with mom. So many of them have NO ONE that ever comes to see them or sends cards.
In Ms. Juanita’s situation…. she has a daughter, in town I think, who hasn’t spoken to her or seen her in over 35 years. Now, she has died and there is no one to go to her funeral… I think she was made a Ward of her Church. I just don’t understand how a child (no matter their age) can just completely cut all ties with a parent, except possibly in a case of abuse. (Which wasn’t her case) I have another friend, a cute little old lady that I played bridge with until she moved to Texas, and she had a daughter who lived here in town but never spoke to, called or had anything to do with her mom for the last 40 years or so. She was mad because her mother wasn’t able to giver her everything she wanted when she was in High School so she could try to be in the “In Crowd”… some people are SO selfish, not to mention that they are complete idiots… (Just saying)
You gotta love daisies
My grand-daughter got her face painted like a faerie while her mommy sold her paintings at a festival a couple of weeks ago. LOL